Who can be a participant?
You might be eligible to participate if you:
- Are 18 years of age or more
- Are between 12-30 weeks pregnant
- Can read, write and speak in English
- Have sleep problems/disturbances (like falling asleep, staying asleep, waking up too early, or staying awake during day-time)
Contact Us to find out if you are eligible!
What Would I Do in the Study?
If you are eligible, you will be asked to:
- Do anonymous questionnaires about your sleep quality, fatigue (tiredness), mood, and demographic information
- Wear a wrist-watch for 7 days to measure how much sleep you get and your sleep quality
- Do 6 short 1.5-hour therapy sessions for sleep problems either face-to-face at the University of Calgary or online
- You will be randomly assigned (like flipping a coin) to start therapy 1 week or 8 weeks after answering the questionnaires
Any benefits For Me?
Your condition or sleep problems/disturbances may be improved by participating in the study, but there is no guarantee that this research will help you. Although there may or may not be a direct benefit to you, the information we get from this study will help us give better treatments in the future for expectant mothers or pregnant women who have insomnia.
You get an e-gift card each time we assess you. You can get up to $60 in e-gift cards for the whole study, as a thank you for participating.